Customer Personal Info Protection Policy
Customer Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) includes information about how we protect customers’ personal data (any information that identifies or serves to identify a person), the rules we comply with when processing personal data, and our processing processes of personal data.
Principles of Personal Data Processing
While processing your personal data, we ensure compliance with the data processing principles stated below.
- Being in compliance with the law and good faith principle.
- Being accurate and up-to-date when necessary.
- Processing for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes.
- Being connected, limited, and restrained with processing purposes.
- Storing for the period required by the relevant legislation or for the purpose for which they are processed.
Legal Grounds for Personal Data Processing
We process your personal data based on the legal grounds specified in Articles 5 and 6 of Personal Data Protection Law.
We explicitly state these legal grounds in the privacy statements we provide to the data subjects.
The legal grounds for processing our customers’ personal data are as follows:
- Personal data processing is necessary for the establishment or performance of a contract signed between you and Zarastro Art.
- Processing personal data for the establishment, execution, or protection of a right.
- Processing personal data to fulfil our legal obligations.
- Personal data processing is mandatory for our legitimate interests.
- Explicit consent of the data subject to process her/his personal data.
While making this assessment, we perform a balance test by comparing the fundamental rights and freedoms of the person with the legitimate interest that will arise based on the criteria specified in Board’s Decision dated 25/03/2019 and numbered 2019/78.
If there is at least one of the legal grounds specified in the Law so that personal data can be processed, we do not ask for explicit consent of the data subject. We only ask explicit consent in the absence of legal grounds stated in the Law.
Factors Considered When Asking for Explicit Consent
Explicit consent is described in the Law as “consent on a particular subject, based on the information and disclosed with free will”. When asking the explicit consent of a data subject, we consider the following three factors:
- Being related to a particular subject→ We ask for the explicit consent of the data subject for specific data processing activity/activities and ensure that the consent texts are understandable.
- Information-based → We present consent texts and privacy statements together/on the same channel; we support the data subject to understand the results of the data processing activity.
- Disclosure with free will → While asking for their consent, we avoid misleading statements that may defect their will.
Rights of the Data Subjects
Article 11 of Personal Data Protection Law regulates the rights of the data subjects (natural persons whose personal data are processed). These rights are as follows:
- To learn whether Zarastro Art processes your personal data,
- To request information if your personal data is processed,
- To learn the purpose for processing your personal data and whether these are processed in accordance with intended purposes,
- To learn whether your personal data has been transferred to third parties; if it is transferred, learning the third parties within the country or outside the country to which it is transferred,
- In case your personal data is processed incompletely or inaccurately, to request rectification of these and to request the notification of the transactions made in this respect, if any, to third parties with whom we shared your personal data,
- Despite the fact that we have processed your personal data in accordance with the Law and the relevant legislation, to request the deletion or destruction of your personal data in case where the grounds of processing are no longer present and to request the notification of the transactions made in this respect, if any, to third parties which we shared your personal data,
- To object to any unfavorable consequence for you by means of analysis of the processed personal data exclusively through automated systems,
- If you incurred losses due to the unlawful processing of your personal data, you can choose the methods below to exercise your rights and submit your requests to Zarastro Art:
– You may send your requests in written to:
Haydar Can Taygun
Evliya Celebi Mahallesi, Sadi Konuralp Caddesi IKSV Vakfi No:5 Ic Kapi No:2 Beyoglu, İstanbul TURKEY
– You may use the other methods stated here.
Purposes of Personal Data Processing
As Zarastro Art, we process your personal data within the country or outside the country for the following purposes:
- To communicate and manage relationships with our customers,
- To conduct the processes of receiving orders, payments and delivering orders,
- To perform analysis for improving our products and services,
- To conduct activities for customer satisfaction,
- To introduce the products and services offered by Zarastro Art and to conduct marketing activities,
- To follow up and conclude requests/complaints,
- To conduct our activities in accordance with the legislation,
- To review and audit our business activities,
- To prevent and detect security concerns, fraud and abuse of promos/discounts,
- To conduct financial and accounting affairs related to payments.
Last Update: 5/5/2022